Leasing Consultants / Apartment Managers are in Demand
You have probably noticed many leasing consultant/apartment manager job listings recently. These positions are currently in demand.
So what is involved in managing or working for an apartment complex? I checked with O*NET Online and here are the basic duties of an apartment manager or leasing consultant:
* Meet with prospective tenants to show properties, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about local areas.
* Direct collection of monthly assessments, rental fees, and deposits and payment of insurance premiums, mortgage, taxes, and incurred operating expenses.
* Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
* Investigate complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve problems following management rules and regulations.
* Plan, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for commercial or residential properties.
* Manage and oversee operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of commercial, industrial, or residential properties.
* Negotiate the sale, lease, or development of property and complete or review appropriate documents and forms.
* Maintain records of sales, rental or usage activity, special permits issued, maintenance and operating costs, or property availability.
* Determine and certify the eligibility of prospective tenants, following government regulations.
* Prepare detailed budgets and financial reports for properties.
For a full description of the knowledge and skills required for the position, as well as tools and technology used, wages and employment trends, check out the O*Net page.